Samples

I started doing a few samples for Chapter 3 Reveal and Conceal.  I coloured an A4 piece of Tyvek and 2 weights of Lutrador with fabric paints.  I’ve not used Lutrador before so should be interesting but I have tried Tyvek before with various outcomes, some good, some bad so hopefully I’ll get it right this time.

I stitched the painted Tyvek to various pieces of organza then ironed it.  Not bad but I think it looks better when held up to the light.

I zapped the Lutrador with a heat gun.  I’m not sure if I like some of these new materials.  I’ll get to experiment with them more in the new level 2 module Textiles 2: Contemporary Practice

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s